In this episode, Judy and Laura share new insight into uric acid and fructose, and what it means for a meat-based carnivore diet.
- What is gout? And standard care’s recommendations
- Normal ranges for uric acid
- What is uric acid? What are purines?
- What does it have to do with liver and organ meats?
- How uric acid can be different for ketogenic diets
- The concern of eating fruits + honey + liver with a meat-only carnivore diet
- What if you can look healthy and seem to tolerate the additions?
- Modern day fruits
- Why is beer risky for carnivores?
- The polyol pathway (switch)
- Two camps of Carnivore: Healing illness & metabolic syndrome vs. health has a hobby
- What the science shows
- Liver can store toxins
- What to do with hyper uricemia (high uric acid levels)
- Dehydration: Drink to thirst
- How, when and how quickly you are consuming fructose is key
- Exercise and uric acid
- CGMs don’t measure fructose
- Fruits and fructose load (examples)
- Breakdown of honey and sugar
Dr. Richard Johnson
Purine-Rich Food List
NwJ Fruit Post
CATG Ep 21 – Fruit on Carnivore
NwJ + Dr. David Perlmutter Interview
DISCLAIMER: This podcast should never be considered medical advice. We always recommend working with your medical team. Do not self-diagnose. Always seek medical guidance when you have a medical condition.
Head over to paleovalley.com/catg and get 15% off your first order. Promo code CATG
2023 Carnivore Summit from June 19 to June 25, 2023. Register for this FREE event at CarnivoreSummit.co