In this episode, Laura and Judy share some real talk with Dr. Robert Cywes. All too often, we focus on weight gain or metabolic syndrome, but the root cause can often be an internal, mental struggle. Not everyone thinks they have a not-so-ideal relationship with food, but the truth is that many of us do, especially with carb addiction. This is a very raw and candid discussion about healing our relationships with food that ultimately can lead us to healing.
- Finding what works for you
- Bridge foods and drinks
- Blame and empowerment
- Not the what, but the why
- Mind cleansing moment
- Carbs as a form of emotional management
- The power of choice (and safe boundaries)
- The real reason for snacking
- Carb addiction vs. safer habits
- Habits: rewards attached without hardship
- Demand-driven vs. supply-driven (toxicity)
- Absolving addiction: humility and experience
- OAC – Own as soon as you can
- Objectify mistakes but learn the why and figure out an action plan
- One paradigm does not fit all
- Death is a fixed number. Our choices subtract from the number
- How do you respond to _________? What are your emotional management tools?
- How do you foster: self-esteem, self-confidence and self-respect?
NwJ's Episode with Dr. Robert Cywes
Changing for Good, Prachaska
Dr. Robert Cywes Office
Dr. Robert Cywes Instagram
Dr. Robert Cywest YouTube
Dr. Robert Cywes Facebook
DISCLAIMER: This podcast should never be considered medical advice. We always recommend working with your medical team. Do not self-diagnose. Always seek medical guidance when you have a medical condition.